I'll put in some photos from a friend of mine, Knut, who's a farmer. His sheeps are called
gammelnorsk spelsau, an ancient norse sheep race. Apparantly their wool is very strong, and they have two layers of it, the top which protects from water, and under layer which is more curly. Last week, Gjøa, who holds courses in needle filting and I, spent a day washing and carding some of this wool ourselves. The carding was alot of fun and we are now looking for someone who can spin it. Gjøa is also going to try to make something out of it in filting. I'll get back with more pictures later.
Knut also sent me some photos from hunting in the mountains around Fjærland. He gave me these photos while I was making the web page for The book town festival. I made an
extra page there, only of his photos, as I liked the idea of a farmer who walks around with camera in his pocket, taking pictures.


6 kommentarer:
Hm...fine sauer...fine fjell...kanskje vi skulle ta oss en tur til Fjærland snart. Det er grytidlig morgen og det regner i Oslo. God idé dette med blogg.
ja det synes jeg dere skulle gjøre (komme altså) her er det sol
Utrolig flotte bilder. God måte å sanke gjester til hotellet ditt, kanskje... HAr akkurat vært og handlet varer til å reise til ådnøy i morgen. Håper været holder seg fint. Thprvald sover prinsesøvnen sin :-) God helg
glemte å si at han (thorvald) har fått en liten tann oppe også nå...
Forresten Brita, Thorvald er kjempesøt. Grautlerer med prinsen!
these are awe inspiring views! breath taking.
thanks for sharing.
Legg inn en kommentar